Strong Partnerships and Expertise for your Business.
MS MIAMI leads the market for software licensing and support maintenance management. We offer expert advice and support for the products that we proudly represent.
Having gained more than 16 years of experience in the volume licensing business with a number of vendors, we know the possibilities and limits of the global IT markets and can provide individual advice that responds to the needs of each of our customers.
Our principles have made us successful!
With transparent, customer-specific procurement and the most favorable purchasing conditions for our clients, we have become one of the leading service providers in software procurement and licensing.
-Tailor-made licensing models deliver best-in-class solutions
-Our analysis tools are designed to identify potential savings within the area of software procurement and professional Services
-Benefit from streamlined software assets
-Scale back your costs with the help of volume and framework agreements
-We provide simpler procurement processes.
Software Licenses Types:
There are a number of licensing options available, please note that each software company has its own licensing options and prices which may be different from other companies.
- Individual (Single-user): This license type allows the program to be installed and used on one CPU which is not accessed by other users over a network. The software will only be used on a single computer, and other users will not be able to access or run the software while connected to your computer. Types of individual licenses are:
1.Perpetual license: allows the customer to install and use the software indefinitely.
2. Subscription license: Allows the user to use the software for a specified time period. This license usually includes technical support and access to upgrades and patches released during the term of the subscription. At the end of the term the user has several options: (1) renew the subscription; or (2) purchase a perpetual license at a discounted cost, or (3) remove the software from the computer.
3. Educational or Academic Software: Software marked for distribution to educational institutions and students at reduced prices. This software is usually labeled that it is an academic product and for use only by academic or educational institutions. Proof of academic affiliation is required to qualify for academic prices. When purchasing academic software online, you should use your academic email address related to your school when placing orders online.
The New Stata Prof+ Plan:
The new Stata Prof+ Plan makes it both easy and inexpensive for faculty and staff at select educational institutions to own single-user licenses of Stata software. Stata Prof+ Plan licenses are not limited in any way—they give you access to everything in Stata, but at special, low prices. You will receive a full-featured, robust version of Stata with each purchase—no additional modules, no additional fees.
- Network Concurrent Use: This license type requires that you purchase licenses for the maximum number of people who will be running the software simultaneously.
- Volume licenses: allows the Licensee to install the software on a certain number of computers. The licensee usually has to satisfy a minimum purchase requirement and obtains reduced prices in exchange. When purchasing the licenses, the licensee usually receives one copy of the media and documentation with the option of purchasing more.
- Site/Enterprise: This license provides access to software at a single location. Typically, these licenses are individually negotiated with the publisher and vary widely in their provisions.
- Unlimited: See Site/Enterprise license above.
- Server (Network): Licensed per server – This license type requires that you have a single copy of the software residing on the file server. With Per Server licensing, a specified number of CALs are associated with a particular server. The number of devices that can legally access that server simultaneously is limited in Per Server licensing to the number of CALs purchased for that particular server.
- Per Seat (Machine): Licensed per machine/seat – This license requires that you purchase a license for each client computer and/or device where access to services is needed. This license is typically used in conjunction with a network license.
- Per Processor: Under the Per Processor model, you acquire a Processor License for each processor in the server on which the software is running. A Processor License usually includes access for an unlimited number of users to connect. You do not need to purchase additional server licenses, CALs, or Internet Connector Licenses.
Add-on’s to existing or new licenses
- Upgrade: This license is acquired when a user has a previously acquired software license and would like to move up to a newer version. This is not the same as a maintenance or subscription agreement. The previous version becomes void and you cannot transfer the previous version to another user.
- Student use: This allows students to use the software as long as they are students of the institutions. Students are required to uninstall software upon leaving the University.
- Secondary use: Allows the licensed end user to use the software on a second computer.
- Work-at-home rights: Allows Faculty/Staff to use the software at home. This is effective for as long as the primary work computer is licensed and as long as the person is an employee. Termination of employment also terminates this benefit.
- Home use: Similar to Work-at-home rights
- Subscription/Maintenance: This is an agreement between the license holder and the software developer that allows the user to obtain all updates or upgrades for software during the term of a contract. This is usually purchased in addition to a license and at the same time as the license. Subscription/Maintenance is usually renewable at the conclusion of the term of the contract.