Bring the Power of Data into your Algebra or Statistics Lessons
Data and technology have altered how we live and what students need to learn. Data analysis is now an integral component of high school Algebra courses. Fathom™ Dynamic Data software makes it easy to integrate data analysis and effective technology use into your current curriculum.
· With Fathom, teaching data analysis has never been easier. You can use this dynamic software to bridge the gap between concrete and abstract mathematical and statistical concepts by letting students see and manipulate data in a clear graphic form.
· You and your students can use real-world data to model relationships and derive algebraic functions.
· With Fathom, you can use data to deepen your students' understanding of mathematics, statistics, science, and social science.
· You and your students can quickly represent data in a variety of graphs, including bar charts, scatter plots, function plots, and histograms. This is very helpful for examining data and determining which graphs are most useful in a given situation.
· You'll find it easy to motivate your students and show them the real-world relevance of statistics and data analysis with Fathom's more than 300 included data sets, which offer real information about a variety of subjects, including education, science, the social sciences, and sports.
· Fathom provides you with a faster, more dynamic and engaging way to demonstrate statistical concepts than using transparencies or drawing on the board. Fathom works easily with your LCD projector, classroom computer, or SMART Board.
· With its friendly, drag-and-drop interface for data import, Fathom is easy to learn, so you won't have classroom downtime.
· You and your students can use the dynamic tools of Fathom to:
Plot values and functions on top of data and vary them dynamically with sliders to show your students the effects of variables :
· Build simulations that illuminate concepts from probability and statistics
· Demonstrate standard statistical analyses, including multiple linear regression
· Set up populations and sample from them repeatedly to give your students a feel for the sampling process and create sampling distributions of any statistic—no programming knowledge required!
Fathom is dual-platform (Windows/Macintosh).
Pentium-based system or equivalent
Windows XP or later (including Vista)
200 MB free disk space
Power PC or Intel based Macintosh (Universal Binary)
Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later
250 MB free disk space